The Old Mansion House is set back from the road in two and a half acres of lawn and wooded grounds, providing both privacy and seclusion. The gardens offer plenty of scope for group and family activities, barbecues and al fresco dining while the wrap-around verandah provides a shady, sheltered alternative come rain or shine. There's also plenty of sturdy outdoor furniture including bistro tables, dining tables, wooden loungers, and a variety of chairs and seating.
The house is built on three floors giving beautiful views over the surrounding countryside, and features:
- Approximately 5,000 square feet of internal accommodation
- Eight bedroom suites, all with private bathrooms
- Four of the bedrooms with additional sitting rooms and balconies
- A wrap-around veranda
- Over 1,500 square feet of veranda and balconies
- Two and a half acres of lawn and wooded grounds – great for children, and for pets too!
- Picnic table and BBQ
- Private parking for up to 12 cars
- Guests can enjoy and respect the tranquillity of this peaceful village
Built in 1889 as a Coaching Inn on the busy route from Montreal to Boston, The Old Mansion House has been welcoming visitors continually now for 130 years. During these years it has also been a Boarding House, a Fishing Lodge and a Ski Lodge for vacationers visiting this picturesque region of Quebec. Most recently The Old Mansion House was operated as the Auberge Georgeville, a highly rated local Inn, known from afar for its fine cuisine and extensive wine cellar.
In 2009, threatened with demolition and redevelopment of the site, this historic building was acquired by a family with strong ties to the locality and converted into a vacation rental home, continuing more than a century of tradition by welcoming visitors to their home and the region.